The A6’s lightweight and flexible compact engine was designed for racing. The displacement was therefore increased to 1978 cm3 under the management of Alberto Massimo, who combined it with a two-seater spider body under the name of A6GCS 2000 Sport.
Cleverly equipped with removable mudguards, it could easily run on the road or on the circuit and its only central headlight earned it its nickname "Monofaro". (Two other lighthouses could be added).
The off-center position of the lively 130hp 6 cyl allowed the center of gravity to be lowered and allowed 205 km / h at peak speed.
Victorious in her first outing in Modena at the hands of Alberto Ascari in 1947, she had 30 victories in all until 1953.