A6GCS #2068 Turin Motor show 1954
To succeed the Monofaro, Maserati produced the A6GCS/53 in 48 units between 1953 and 1955.
Gioacchino Colombo's 6-cylinder / 2-litre engine, alloy block (despite the G in the name), two overhead camshafts for 170 hp, bodywork by Fantuzzi, allowed this lightweight 2-seater barquette to travel at 235 km/h.
Chassis #2068 was presented at the Turin Motor Show on April 21, one day after its completion!
After the show it was sold successively to Lampertico and Pozzato and was entered in 19 races until 1960, including a single victory in 1956 at the "Coppa Citta di Asagio Hillclimb" before disappearing completely!
(source “A6GCS” by Walter Bäumer and Jean-François Blachette)