The “Officina Alfieri Maserati” created in 1914 quickly became a partner for Isotta Fraschini and Diatto. In 1925, the Maserati brothers bought 10 Diatto sport chassis and created the first Maserati with the trident badge designed by Mario: The Tipo 26.
It made its debut at the Targa Florio, April 25, 1926, driven by Alfieri Maserati and his mechanic G. Bertocchi, painted red and bearing the N ° 5 and armed with 8 cylinders in line of 1498cm3 / 120 Ch it reaches 180km / h, and wins its category.
In mid-June, she will win the Bologna kilometer run at the hands of Ernesto Maserati. Orders are pouring in for the Maserati brothers who will manufacture many Tipo 26 (26B, 26MM, 26 BMM, 26R, 26C, etc.) and become stars of motor racing.