A6GCS #2052 Oulton Park 54
To succeed the Monofaro, Maserati produced the A6GCS/53 in 48 units between 1953 and 1955.
Gioacchino Colombo's 6-cylinder / 2-litre engine, alloy block (despite the G in the name), two overhead camshafts for 170 hp, bodywork by Fantuzzi, allowed this lightweight 2-seater barquette to travel at 235 km/h.
#2052 was completed in September 1953. She was painted dark green to race in England.
Its owner Syd Greene, boss of the Gilby company and amputated with an arm, entrusted the driving of this A6GCS to Roy Salvadori (as well as that of a green 250F) who shone at the wheel throughout the 1954 season, with in particular a second place at Oulton Park in April. She finished her racing career in 1958. Now she sometimes takes part in historic races.
(source “A6GCS” by Walter Bäumer and Jean-François Blachette)