6CS - 41
The first naturally aspirated Maserati made by Maserati in 1941 was the 6CS/41, which benefited from the 6-cylinder in-line, 1.5-litre, twin-cam engine of the pre-war 6 CM but without the supercharger, due to a new regulations in the "Sport" category.
The power was 90 hp with 3 double-barrel Weber carburettors. The very streamlined bodywork ahead of its time made it possible to reach 170 km/h!
The Second World War froze this project until 1946 but it won several post-war races, at the hands of G. Barbieri and G.Villoresi, notably at Piacenza in 1947 ahead of a Fiat 1100 and a more recent Maserati 6CS/46!