A6GCS #2076 Le Mans 1954
To succeed the Monofaro, Maserati produced the A6GCS/53 in 48 units between 1953 and 1955.
Gioacchino Colombo (the "father of the V12 Ferrari) develops this 6 cylinder / 2 liter, alloy block (despite the G of the name), two overhead camshafts for 170 hp and Fantuzzi realizes the bodywork of this 2-seater barquette , light, which reaches 235 km/h.
The racing version won more than 70 events during its distinguished career.
Chassis #2076 presented here at the 24 Hours of Le Mans 53 in the hands of De Portago and Tomasi will end its career in an accident at Monza in 1955 in the hands of Airaldi.