300S GP Sao Polo 1957
The lack of competitiveness of the 250S prompted Maserati, in 1955, to design a new 3-liter engine which first fitted prototypes in Modena, then Liborio Guidoti's racing boat!
Powered by three Weber carburettors, it delivered 260 hp at 6500 rpm. Placed in the Maserati "barchetta" of barely 800kg empty, it pushed it at a top speed of 290km / h!
The Fantuzzi bodywork reveals very aesthetic curves and integrates all the elements, including the fuel tank placed at the rear with harmony and balance.
The 300S is an undeniable success in view of its 58 official victories at the hands of Fangio, Moss, Behra, Musso, Shelby,…