A6GCS #2064 Casablanca 54
Maserati produced the A6GCS/53 in 48 units between 1953 and 1955.
The 6-cylinder / 2-litre engine from G. Colombo, alloy block (despite the G in the name), 2 overhead camshafts for 170 hp, bodywork by Fantuzzi, allowed this lightweight 2-seater barquette to travel at 235 km/h.
#2064 was delivered white with a blue stripe for Colonel John Simone in March 1954 and after 5 races the colonel ended his career as a pilot, at the request of his wife.
In 1955, #2064 was sold to Aldo Pedini, then to Giuseppe Alotta in 1956 who drove it until 1961. It was modified several times at the Maserati factory.
She disappeared until 1981 when she was found in Palermo, in a sorry state. Now renovated, it is waiting for an engine to get back on the track!
(source “A6GCS” by Walter Bäumer and Jean-François Blachette)