A6GCS #2069 Mille Miglia 54
Maserati produced the A6GCS/53 in 48 units between 1953 and 1955.
The 6-cylinder / 2-litre engine from G. Colombo, alloy block (despite the G in the name), 2 overhead camshafts for 170 hp, bodywork by Fantuzzi, allowed this lightweight 2-seater barquette to travel at 235 km/h.
Delivered to amateur driver Sergio Ferraguti in April 1954 and competed in 7 races.
In 1955, #2069 was sold to Guglielmo Dei, then to Venezuela in 1957 where she took part in local races and was abandoned at the edge of the Maracaibo circuit. It was found in 1976, brought back to Italy and renovated in 1990 in Germany.
Since 1993 the car has participated in US amateur races in the hands of its current owner.
(source “A6GCS” by Walter Bäumer and Jean-François Blachette)