A6GCS #2076 Le Mans 1954
To succeed the Monofaro, Maserati produced the A6GCS/53 in 48 units between 1953 and 1955.
Gioacchino Colombo (the "father of the Ferrari V12) developed this 6 cylinder / 2 liter engine, alloy block (despite the G in the name), two overhead camshafts for 170 hp and Fantuzzi and Fiandri produced the bodywork for this barquette. 2 places, light, which reaches 235 km/h.
Chassis #2076 was delivered to Alfonso de Portago on June 3, 1954, body and black seats, equipped with the engine of A6GCS #2057.
De Portago took part in 3 races in 1954, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans in tandem with Tomasi (livery presented here). He then sold the A6GCS to Piero Airaldi for three races in 1955 concluded by an accident at the Supercortemaggiore 1955 which definitively condemned #2076, destroyed by fire.
(source “A6GCS” by Walter Bäumer and Jean-François Blachette)