A6GCS #2084 Giro di Sicilia 55
To succeed the Monofaro, Maserati produced the A6GCS/53 in 48 units between 1953 and 1955.
Gioacchino Colombo (the "father of the Ferrari V12) developed this 6 cylinder / 2 liter engine, alloy block, 2 overhead camshafts for 170 hp and Fantuzzi and Fiandri produced the bodywork for this lightweight 2-seater barquette, which reached 235 km/h..
Chassis #2084 was delivered on March 2, 1955 to Maria Teresa de Filipis, Neapolitan countess converted into a racing driver, who would later be the first woman to drive a Formula 1 250F!!
De Filipis raced throughout the 1955 season at the wheel of #2084 and finished 2nd in the 1955 2-litre championship ahead of Perdisa, Musso or Scarlatti!!
The car was sold to Louis Jacobz who took part in 6 races in 1959 and 1960 and ended his career with a crash in Cape Town.
(source “A6GCS” by Walter Bäumer and Jean-François Blachette)